- Perennial powers Kentucky and Arizona exit this year's tourney.
- But so do North Carolina, Ohio State (goodbye "Big" 10), and Pittsburgh.
- On Fire: Arizona. The Wildcats lost, but you won't find many fans upset with coach Lute Olson or his talented team.
- A look at parity in college ball. I'm a believer now.
- We kicked their butts in the stats. Except those 3-pointers.
Sunday, March 19, 2006
Cats Save Their Finest for Philly
In the end, it came down to 3-pointers. Arizona matched Nova basket for basket (28), freethrow for freethrow (17), but Villanova made 4 more 3-point shots. Just enough to give the Nova Cats a win over the Zona Cats. We did get a glimpse of the potential of what should have been this year, and got hope for next season. And we did beat the spread, which was 6-1/2 points going in. I hope Lute's got a shooter in next year's class.
Posted by Chris and Barb at 8:54 PM