- Wait until next year? I never thought I'd hear that again in reference to our basketball team. Like I never thought I'd hear "Wait until football season."
- Baseball's 5-game win streak ends to Nebraska in DQ Classic. Peanut Buster Parfaits for everyone, win or lose.
- Completing the trifecta, women get slapped around by Stanford. Their season mercifully closes.
- North Carolina loses seven players from championship team, can still beat Duke in Durham. I always get some satisfaction when the Dookies lose - at home, on their Senior Day. Duke goes 0'fer the week. hehe.
- Cats get Cardinal in PAC10 tourney opener. Lucky us.
- Hometown press can be cruel. Especially if you're a Seattle prep star who signed with the Cats.
Sunday, March 05, 2006
Cats miss the 2-minute warning
For 38 minutes, AZ looked like world-beaters against #14 Washington. Leads of up to 13 points. Steals and hustle everywhere. Stingy ball-handling. The Huskies never even got a chance to take the lead - until the end. Two Wildcat turnovers were the undoing when holding onto the ball mattered the most. So we get to watch another close loss, another "one that got away." Very puzzling, though, why Adams took control of the ball and the last shot (which fell a good 3 feet short), especially with his bum wing. Lute should have suited up the kid that won the car at halftime by sinking one from halfcourt.
Posted by Chris and Barb at 6:10 AM