- The Slump - Coach O says we'll be OK. I trust him.
- More on the above - I still don't understand why Greg Hansen stays in Tucson. Sure, he can't be a homer all the time, but he still dredges up ghosts of Wildcats past (Larry Smith) any chance he gets. Check out the last line of his article here.
- 2007 football schedule released - and it's full of surprises. Only one non-conference road game (BYU), only 2 November games (one on a Thursday night), and a Dec. 1 matchup against, well, you-know-who.
- New O-line coach - coming from Texas Tech also, he should work very well with Dykes.
- How about a wide receivers coach? - this could be our guy. Maybe he'll bring a few sweet recruits along, too.
Sunday, January 21, 2007
And The Slump goes on
Well, this is certainly strange. The Wildcats haven't lost 3 straight conference games in 23 years - Olson's first year at the helm. And losing 4 straight to UCLA? Did anyone see that coming? Things look a little brighter in the near future (if you don't look at that game against the Tar Heels next weekend), and hopefully a little home cookin' will help the Cats get back their shooting touch, teamwork, and chemistry. I'm looking at it this way: better to have a little slump now than when the PAC10 and national tourneys roll around. I don't like this trend of losing, though. Now I know what Farky feels like up north.
Posted by Chris and Barb at 11:28 AM