- Student section disappointing - empty seats don't go unnoticed at McKale.
- J-Mac gives the spark - coming off the bench for this game, Jawann fired up the Cats with an emotional performance.
- Jordan's the Man - Jordan Hill has starting playing as old as he looks. What a force he's become on the inside.
- BatCats win opener - Coach Lopez's shutout Gonzaga in season opener, and come just 3 outs shy of a no-hitter. Yeah!
- What UA & UConn have in common? - they're both storied programs that are in trouble this year. At least we're in good company.
- Stoops adds receivers coach - Darrell Wyatt joins the staff and gets excited about the new offense.
- Luke Walton and the Hawaiian Pipeline - convinces his cousin, Kaniela Tuipulotu, to commit to UA football. What am I missing here? Whatever, Tui's listed as the number 1 prospect in the island state.
- PAC10 overrated? - this guy thinks so. Figures that he lives in St. Louis.
- Two former Cats in the Super Bowl - that makes six games out of the last seven to feature former Cats. Go Bears!
Saturday, February 03, 2007
Tarred, Heeled, Declawed, Redemption
Wilbur here has been MIA for the past week, much like the Wildcats have been. After suffering through the meltdown against Carolina last week, then watching a rare home loss to WSU (giving the Cougs their first season sweep of the Cats - ever!), I admit I was a little concerned as I prepared to watch today's game against Washington. The Cats psyche was to the fragile state, shooting percentages were lower than low, and fans were jumping off the bandwagon faster than partners off Paris Hilton. Turns out the Huskies were just what Dr. Lute ordered, as the Cats pounded UDub for a 30-point win. And this in an early morning game for a team that can't seem to wake up late enough. The confidence gained from today's win will be much needed for the road trip to the Oregon schools next week. Have the Cats got their mojo back? Time will tell, but a good showing for the rest of the season will be a requisite going into the PAC10 tourney and beyond. Go Cats!
Posted by Chris and Barb at 3:25 PM